Thursday 26 September 2013

Bloggy Buddies and "Real Life" Buddies

Is it just me, or are bloggers the best people in the entire universe? I have had a really tough year this year that hasn't put me in a very good place mentally, and as I have struggled to make new friends on the Gold Coast I have often sought comfort in the friendships I've found in my online world. Some of these girls have honestly become better friends in my eyes than many of the girls I interact with in my "real life". They have supported me through the tough times I have been having, are always there to talk, and are just generally the most lovely people I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

I hold these girls really close to my heart, especially Leona, Ella and Michelle, who have often made my heart feel so full with the kindness and support they have shown me, and who I can't wait to met in person someday. I have always wanted to move to the UK for a while, as I think it would be the most amazing opportunity, and making friends with these amazing bloggers has only intensified this hope for my future. Because these girls have been so amazing to me, I thought I would introduce them to you all in a post. Their blogs are just as amazing as their personalities, so I really hope that you find some new people to follow in this post!

Leona from Oh! Leona


Leona is siriusly my long lost British twin! I love her to no end!
We originally bonded over our love of Paramore, and eventually, when Leona started reading the Harry Potter series for her very first time, I decided to read it again so we could excitedly tweet each other about it, and it cemented our friendship. Now, barely a day goes by that we aren't tweeting or facebooking or whatever, and since we live in completely different timezones, my replies to her tweets in the morning are usually a reminder for her go to bed. 
Leona has been there for me through thick and thin, and I can't wait to meet her someday! I'm pretty sure we would be inseparable if we didn't live on opposite sides of the world! 
I really hope that you will check out her blog - her Sucky Sunday posts are my absolute favourite ever, and her entire blog is just filled with her awesome personality. She is a gem!

Ella from Hello Ella


Ella has become a bit of a big sister figure to me over the last year. She is my biggest inspiration in life, as she has been through so much and come out the other side such a beautiful, strong woman. We get along so well, and I feel like I can talk to her about anything, which is so comforting. As a fellow autoimmune disease sufferer, she has been a great support this year and has let me know I'm not alone in what I'm going through. That makes a huge difference when you feel like a failure because you can't get out of bed in the morning.
As a blogger, Ella is doing so well! Her style and aesthetic is so similar to mine, so I love everything she posts about. She is a wonderful person and blogger to get to know!

Michelle from Satchels and Pearls


Michelle is another blogger I look toward as a big sister! She is the most lovely person, and we have a lot of common interests. We are even studying the same thing at uni! She has the cutest style ever, is always up for a chat, and I actually can't believe how excited I am over her little New Year's baby, and her gorgeous bump! Her beauty posts are always great, but the highlight of her blog for me is getting a peek at Yorkshire. I dream of the Yorkshire countryside, and will definitely be visiting it with her someday! 

Trudie from My Vintage Childhood

If Leona is my bloggy twin, and Ella and Michelle are my bloggy big sisters, Trudie is my blog mumma. She is an amazing woman, and the only blogger I have had the pleasure to meet in real life. I was welcomed into her home with open arms upon moving to the Gold Coast, and as well as enjoying her company, and being inspired by her blog, she has taught me so much about blogging, about vintage, about being true to myself and about life.
Trudie is an op shopping queen and always inspires me to get out there and find something special. She has also inspired me to embark on small business ventures in the future and to just generally be more true to myself. I have so much love and respect for her!

Erica from Being Erica


This picture should sum up why I love Erica perfectly. Just look at all that cuteness in the one photo! She is perfect! As an Aussie who escaped to the UK, she is a massive inspiration of mine, and was also one of the first bloggers I started interacting with. Without her, I wouldn't know Ella, Leona, Michelle or half the other ladies on here who I am so close to now as I found almost all of them through her blog. She is a total babe and I love her to bits! 

Libby from Gingerbread Buttons


Another picture that just seems to sum up the lovely lady within and why I love her so much! Libby, being closer to my age than other bloggers I interact with, has become a great friend of mine. We both share a scary obsession with tea, she is the most lovely, quirky little miss that ever did live, and she has a bunny named Bunny. I have serious hair and bunny envy over Libby! Seriously. 
Libby's style is so gorgeous and she is one of those genuine personalities who I had no troubles connecting with. She is a treasure.

Kirsty from Indigo Buttons


Doesn't Kirsty just look beautiful here? She is a wee Scottish babe! One of the things I love about Kirsty (besides how quirky/cute she is) is how much of a fellow geek she is! She has my dream job, teaching secondary English, she loves history and is a hardcore bookworm, and I just think she is the greatest ever. I even had a dream that she and her boyfriend, Adam decided to join Jake and I on the trip around Australia next month. Yep, I think she is so great that my sub-conscious decided that I'd like to spend three months in a campervan with her!


I'm sorry for the length of this post - I just didn't want to leave any of these lovely ladies out. They have truly made such a massive, positive impact on my life since I started blogging and  thank them for every bit of kindness they've shown! I hope that I've exposed you to some new blogs, too although if you have taste anything like mine, you probably are already familiar with most of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment