Friday 21 June 2013

I Said Hey, What's Goin' on?

Hi guys, this is just a quick update post to tell you all what I'm up to and why you haven't heard boo out of me most of this week!

I"m currently down the coast flitting between Mum and Dad's and Jake's place, because it's my uni holidays (huzzah!), I've been missing them, I'm avoiding house work and food shopping at home (mwa ha ha) and Jake's sister has come up from Gosford (which is about 8 hours away) with her new little bubba and so I have been playing aunty all week, clucking like a chook over how gorgeous she is, how good she is and how great Jake is with her. Those bloody hormones! I cannot afford a baby right now, uterus! Behave yourself!

It doesn't help that Jake's sister has been really gracious with letting me help her with the baby, and I actually seem to be quite good at it. I mean, I know I worked with babies all of last year in the child care centre, but it just seems so different in an at-home setting, without strict rules and regulations and charts and what-not, and with the attentive mother and grandmother watching every move I make. She hasn't cried once while I've been holding her, or tending to her though which is awesome!

Okay, reigning in my uterus, what else has been going on?

The days aren't this light and airy anymore!

Well IT'S BLOODY COLD HERE for a start! Winter has finally arrived in full force here in Australia and I'm practically dying. I was not made for the cold, and winter has come as a huge shock in Australia this year. One day it's a balmy 23 degrees and the next - BAM! It's 12. Australia isn't very good with seasons. It get's pretty jumbled and confuses us poor Aussies so much! Thankfully, I have had copious amounts of tea on hand to warm my belly, and have taken up my winter tradition again for the year of reading the Harry Potter series over. I'm currently up to the fourth book (my favourite) and I swear I love it just as much this time as the first time I read it. So many emotions!

I also had an AMAZING (yes, all the emphases were required) day at the op shops the other day which I was hoping to blog about today. Just the cheer up I needed after having six phials of blood taken at the pathologist beforehand, as it saw me start a new collection, help a friend with her growing business and it could even possibly be the start of something new on the Little Foal horizon! Not saying any more at present, but vintage lovers be warned!

I was planning on doing a Friday's Finds post today to show off my amazing score, but I have a whole carload of stuff to show you, and it's pouring and gloomy and not a good day to be taking photos of things! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change the name of my finds post so it's applicable for any day of the week.

This is our cold face!

Well, I started this post at like, 1pm and now it's 6:40pm. I don't think I've ever taken so long to write a post! To be fair though, I spent the last 5 hours with my good friend, Alisha who I rarely get to see. We ate apple pie, drank hot Milo and whinged about the cold. All in all, a great catch up I would say!

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are, and hopefully over the next few weeks I will be spending a little more time at home, and will be able to get into some sort of routine or something. My new housemate is moving in on the 25th or thereabouts. She's a photographer, so I see some outfit photos on the horizon!


No comments:

Post a Comment