Thursday 4 October 2012

The Corner Store

Remember how I told you I joined a craft co-operative which has started a shop for handmade goods?



Well yesterday was my first shift working in the shop and I thought I would share a few pictures of the shop itself and all the beautiful handmade things it sells. Seriously, who would have thought there were so many talented and creative people in little old Evans Head?



It is seriously such a beautiful shop and I encourage anyone on the far north coast of NSW to take a little trip down to Evans to see it. While you're at it you might enjoy a walk along the beautiful Evans head beaches which Jade from JadeCoral Photography captures in her postcards.



Evans Head is a beautiful little beachside town and this shop, full of unique, handmade goods is exactly what it needed!

Even the shelves are handmade by a local furniture maker!
Can you see the carved dolphins in the supports?




Look at these fabric sculptures! Aren't they awesome? Yvonne, the lady who makes them also runs sculpture classes. She is so talented! The picture doesn't show it very well, but the clothes are draped so beautifully and realistically and the detail is amazing!





See if you can spot anything I've made in these pictures!








It is such a surreal feeling having the things I have made sold in a shop! I still can't believe it! I hope you've enjoyed all the pictures of these beautiful and unique handmade goods!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words today. What a beautiful little shop this is and what a talented girl you are!

    ReplyDelete