Thursday 18 July 2013

Steps towards becoming Positive Polly, and dreams for the future


Too often, I find myself getting caught up over the little things in life. Not the good, little things, though. The bad ones. The everyday, niggling little things that make my life feel mundane or put me in a bad mood. Today I have decided that it has to stop. I need to reinvent myself as Positive Polly, before I spiral back down the road they call depression. So, I have started a few little projects which I am hoping will help me to transform into Positive Polly, and just generally make me feel better about myself. I took inspiration for doing this from Laura, Leona and Anna and decided to not only start being positive, but to start doing more positive things, and to keep track of them so that I can remind myself on bad days what it is like to have a good day.

The first thing I have decided to do, is a 101 in 1001 days project, like Leona's. This is something which I think will be really worthwhile, not only to keep track of the big goals I have for the next 3-4 years of my life, but also all the little things which I've been telling myself for forever that I'm going to do, but never have. This 101 in 1001 days project will also make up a part of a bigger project, which I hope will be ever evolving - my Bucket List. I'm really hoping that combined, my 101 in 1001 days project and my Bucket List will really help me to stay positive, concentrate on the good things in life, and just generally be a happy person.

So, while I'm kickstarting my 101 in 1001 days project, and thinking up things to put on my list (which I will share on the blog when it's done), here are a couple of the things I've already thought up for my Bucket List. One budget item which will be part of my 101 in 1001 days challenge, and one dream item, which I'm hoping to make come true in the future, once I have finished uni and saved enough money for it. I'm entering this challenge into MoneySupermarket's Budget Bucket List Challenge, by the way, so check it out if you have a chance, and maybe you will be inspired to take part, too.


Budget Bucket List - Learn To Surf

I live in one of the most beautiful places on the earth - a surfing mecca, with beautiful beaches, rolling waves and the kind of lifestyle that many people would kill for. To learn to surf would be a total dream come true for me. I am not the most co-ordinated of people, but I really want to make an effort to get fit and lead a healthy life, and what better way to do that than to learn the sport which I have always dreamed of doing and loved to watch? So, what's stopping me? Fear I'd say. Fear that I might suck at it, or might embarrass myself. Also, I don't have a surfboard, but my dad is a surfboard shaper, so really that is no excuse. I just have to shove my fear aside, and put in an order. Doing regular exercise and spending more time in the ocean would have to help me to stay positive in life, don't you think? I really need to hop to it and cross this one off my list!


Extravagant Bucket List - Move To The UK

Many of you will already know of my obsession with moving to the UK some day. It is a dream which has driven my life for as long as I can remember. Move to the UK. See where my mum was born. Use my new home as a base to trace the rest of Europe, and experience the kind of culture and history a girl can only dream of in Australia. I want to go to Yorkshire and see where the Bronte sisters lived. I want to visit castles in Wales, and see Buckingham Palace in London. I want to drive through the Irish countryside, go on a historical tour of Edinburgh and try to find the Loch Ness monster. I want to meet Leona, Michelle, Kirsty, Laura, Erica, Kim, Libby and all the other bloggers who inspire me from the UK, and who I've made friends with, and who know me better than many of my real life friends here in Australia. Ticking this off my bucket list could be the most important thing I ever do. At times, it certainly feels like it! If I was finished uni, and had a little money behind me I'd do it tomorrow. Experiencing life in another country, in the country where my mum was born and where she would have lived were it not for  her parents making the move to Australia is incredibly important to me. I can't fully explain why. It's just something I feel like I've got to do, and it would make me incredibly happy to make this dream come true. 

Well, there you have it. After putting in writing my plan for becoming more positive, and a few of the items off my Bucket List, I am already feeling on track to becoming Positive Polly. Wish me luck as I attempt to do this, and I tag Laura and Leona to enter the MoneySupermarket competition, since they helped to inspire this post, as well as Libby because she is really creative, and I'd love to see what she comes up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment