Friday 7 December 2012

Handmade Gift Exchange: My Gift To Sheryl

So, Sheryl sent me a photo of what I sent her in the gift exchange (since I forgot to take them myself before I sent the present) and here it is:




Sheryl had told me she likes pastel colours and shabby chic decor but I was so stuck on what exactly to make her. I wanted it to be nice but to be completely honest I wasn't very confident in my sewing skills!

Eventually I decided it would be nice to make a ruffle cushion cover with alternating fabric and lace ruffles. I wanted to make it pastel green and white or a fabric which had roses on it but I couldn't find anything under $20 a metre that I liked of this description so I finally settled on pastel blue instead and I actually absolutely love the way it turned out!

I ended up having to make a stuffed cushion rather than a cushion cover due to a hole in the edge of the blue fabric I bought which I had to cut around making what was left of it too narrow for a cushion insert by just two centimetres. It still turned out nice and postage wasn't much more expensive in the long run for the complete cushion than it would have been for the cushion cover, so I had nothing to complain about other than the fact Sheryl wouldn't be able to take the cover off to wash it.

I made the little lavender pouch to go with the cushion out of leftover fabric and some dried lavender my nan gave me. I love the smell of lavender and these pouches are great in your car or in a drawer to get rid of bad smells. I also made Sheryl some hot chocolate mix which I will post the recipe for later. I added mini marshmallows to the top of the jar and put a Christmas label around the jar for decoration. I've been really enjoying the leftover hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows! Soo delicious!

1 comment:

  1. i love my cushion Sunae you did such a lovely job of putting this parcel together,thankyou so much for being my partner.xx

    ReplyDelete