Friday 7 December 2012

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix






For all you northern hemispherians out there who are coming into the colder months - here is my hot chocolate mix recipe. The hot chocolate that you make with this turns out deliciously chocolatey and aromatic, and topped with marshmallows it's a real treat!
Even though it's summer here in Australia, I have still been enjoying this hot chocolate mix, and I sent some to Sheryl in the Gift Exchange. I'm yet to see if it works for iced chocolate but I'm sure it won't be long til I try!


Ingredients:

¾ cup caster sugar
½ cup cocoa
½ cup milk chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Put in jar until ready to serve.

To serve:
Warm milk on the stove or in the microwave. Add 2-3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix to each mug and stir. Top with marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment