Thursday 31 January 2013

Finished Project (A Reveal of Epic DIY Proportions)

Remember this old, pine table I scored from the Salvos for $65?







Well, Ta-Da! I gave it a new life!


Don't you just love it? It's hard to believe it's even the same table!

When I first took on this project, I had no idea just how massive it was. Ever look at things on pinterest and think, yep, I can do that! Ever see a before and after shot on a blog where your eyes just light up and you think "Oh my God - that woman is a magical unicorn-genie-fairy. She just snapped her fingers, and look what happened!". Well, here is news for you - you can do that, but it takes a lot of work. I spent every spare minute I had for a week elbow deep in sandpaper, sanding dust and paint to get this table ready before I moved, and all the blood, sweat and tears has really paid off! I definitely couldn't have done this without help from my whole family and I am incredibly proud to be sitting at this gorgeous french-style country chic table right now, typing this post.

DIY is hard work, but it's incredibly rewarding. This was my first big project and my first piece of furniture I have done up. I gave the tired, old, slightly broken and incredibly orange table a new life in a new home, and that makes me smiley on the inside :)






10 comments:

  1. Nice work! Furniture refinishing is definitely not an easy job. It looks beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I probably didn't do the best job in the world on it, but I love it :) It really freshens up our living room.

      Delete
  2. It looks flipping awesome! I am all about taking something and giving it new life! Wow! Great work! Enjoy sitting and eating your meals there..it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      It's so nice to get compliments on something I worked so hard on. I will definitely be enjoying every minute I spend at this table and am looking forward to making memories around it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aren't you the most fabulous clever cookie there is. Such a wonderful job, you should be proud. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie, I most certainly am :)

      Delete
  4. It is truly beautiful. You're so clever to be able to turn that tired old dining setting into a fabulous new one with a hint of classical country charm. I love it.
    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful! Amazing transformation! And it really is true, you never know how much work goes into big diy projects such as that until you get in there are do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you did a really great job! They look so much better, like new! :) It's nice to give old furniture a new life.

    ReplyDelete