Saturday 12 January 2013

Date Jar DIY




This a project I did quite a while ago to combat Jake's constant nagging on the weekends of "what can we do?" I'd seen it on pinterest a fair bit, was bored one day, went to the craft store and gave it a go! I don't know why I never shared this, because it definitely works - even if we sometimes put the sticks back 3475975367 times until we find something we actually feel like doing.

All I did for this easy DIY is decorate the jar with pretty felt letter stickers and ribbon, paint half my sticks pink and wait for them to dry, then trawl the intenet for date ideas (50 in total) to write on the sticks.

It's super easy, it works and I like the way the jar looks on the shelf. What more could you want?


6 comments:

  1. what a fab idea for a valentines gift! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Hi! I love your blog and am your newest follower. I was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog, check things out, and maybe follow me back if you like it!

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea! Sometimes it is hard to know what to do on the weekends. I will have to try this!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent... seriously!!! Perfect to make for Valentines! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete