Saturday 5 January 2013

Office/Craft Room Inspiration

On Thursday I happened across a sale at Big W on this desk:
For just $68!!! Along with a great shelving unit including cupboard, filing cabinet and box shelves at Crazy Clark's for $65 and, being the bargain hunter I am - I bought them both!

Now, I know Jake and I don't even have an apartment yet, but getting the majority of the furniture buying out of the way could only take the stress out of moving in, right? Besides, now it's got me all excited to decorate and furnish my office/craft room. Most of the furniture Jake and I have for the apartment so far is pine, and that is the look I love, but being unwilling to spend big $$$ on furniture and storage for the office/craft room, I have decided to opt for white chipboard as my main furniture in this room - easy to decorate, matchy-matchy and low-cost, just the way I like it!

I'm not sure what sort of colour scheme (aside from the base being white) I am going to go for in there just yet, ut I do know I want it to be an inspiring place, with personal, handmade touches. Check out some of my pinterest craft room inspiration:









And storage inspiration:











10 comments:

  1. your room will look gorgeous with your great buys Sunae.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. redecorating (or decorating a new space) is so much fun! Good luck! I love your blog and just hopped over from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your inspirations!
    And what a steal! That desk looks super nice!
    I like that is more interesting shaped than your average rectangle desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're thinking ahead with this. I had to chuckle because long before Pinterest I started storing my massive collection of buttons at the time in old Pyrex dishes, vintage cups and sweet glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a planner by nature, I can't help myself! Haha. Wow, what a coincidence! I think I need to get my kitchen Pyrex collection going before I start using it for my buttons. Too bad, because they're currently stored in ugly old tins!

      Delete
  5. I definitely think it is a good idea to buy as much stuff as possible before you move, especially if you have somewhere to store it. It is so much easier moving if you have a complete plan for what you want. Also, I'm so jealous you're gonna have a craft room! Love all this inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gray sewing room. I am just cleaning out my craft room, and you gave me some great ideas for my update!

    Newest follower via the hop.

    Loni
    http://thesportsmanswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great deal--congrats on the find with the desk. Best of luck with your craft room. I can't think of a more exciting project.

    Btw Found you through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I really love the second picture, simple but pretty :) Just found your blog through the Totally Awesome Blog Hop btw xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think it's my favorite too :)

      Delete