Saturday 5 January 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!

Firstly, thank you so much to Heather from Dietetic Sinners for my nomination! I still have trouble believing anyone actually reads my blog, let alone would nominate me for an award!



The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.


The Rules:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!


Well, here it goes!


11 random things about me:

  1. I am addicted to pistachio flavoured ice cream and apple pie
  2. I have never lived outside the shire of Richmond Valley on the Far North Coast.
  3. I'm incredibly nerdy. I love to read sci-fi, have read entire books about how the human body works and am a literature and history junkie. 
  4. When I was little, I had no interest in girly things like clothes. You would often catch me wearing Hawaiian print board shorts or army print cargo pants with terribly mismatching tops.  Far from what I am like now, wearing pretty vintage dresses and having a wardrobe which consists almost entirely of cream, white and pale pink frilly things!
  5. My boyfriend, Jake, is my complete opposite. He is an action man, a daredevil, a tradie, and I wouldn't have him any other way <3
  6. Learning is one of the most important things in my life.
  7. I have a dog named Coke. He used to pee on my bed nearly every morning when he was a pup. Thank god we trained him!
  8. I was School Captain of my High School
  9. My love of vintage and antiques stemmed from my parents, who have a house filled with it all!
  10. I don't brush my hair very often, and it is currently permed. 
  11. I'm incredibly uncoordinated! Please don't ever ask me to catch something, because I wont. I will just look like a flailing idiot haha.

The 11 questions Heather asked me to answer:

1. What is your favorite childhood memory?

This is a hard one, because I have quite an amazing memory of my childhood, and had a very happy childhood. It woulds probably have to be playing with the go-kart the kids up the road built. We lived on the biggest hill in town in the steepest street and that go-kart absolutely flew down the hill! It was so much fun until one of the older boys, Tim, got hurt. He took a massive chunk out of his knee and you could see the bone! I remember that being the highlight of the day being the sick, twisted soul that I was haha. I wanted to be a doctor right up until last year, so I thought his injury was fascinating!

2. What is the best thing you have ever eaten?

I love food too much to answer this properly! Haha. Dad's lasagne is probably right up there on the list. He makes it the traditional way and it's amazing!

3. What was your favorite subject in school?

It was a tie between Extension English and Ancient History for me, hence why I am becoming a teacher of those subjects!

4. Where did your blog name come from?

My name. My parents named me to reflect the Sioux Indian way, using things that could have been seen or heard at the time of my birth to scramble together into a name. Sun - Neigh. Sunae. I got Little Foal out of it when my sister was trying to help me name my blog and told me it should be something reflective of me. "what, sunny horse?" I chortled at her. But then it got me thinking :)

5. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

This question is hard! Probably never make new ones. My life so far has been amazing, and what if it took a turn for the worse?

6. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it?

Squeeze.

7. What animal are you most like?  why?

Haha I should probably say the horse, but it would be more like the seal or the penguin I think. I'm a total water baby, and am much more graceful in the water than out. I used to swim competitively in breaststroke, but trip over my own feet while I'm walking!

8. On a scale of one to ten, how well do you sing?

I like to think I'm an 8, but:




9. Have you ever met someone famous?  If so, who was it?
I saw Olivia Newton John at our local shopping centre once. I pretty much died, because I waved at her and she waved back! I have also seen inside Simon Baker's bedroom ;) (Jake took photos after he did the electrical in his house). Oh, and the guy with crazy hair from Wolfmother was at The Northern while I was there once, and I met all the people out of my favourite band, Stonefield, but thy're not very famous yet! Perks of living near Byron Bay :)

10. What's your favorite ice cream brand and flavor? Pistachio ice cream from a local gelato shop, Bella Rosa. It is amazing!

11. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? Probably 25. I feel like that will be an awesome age for me because I'll be finished uni but hopefully wont have kids yet, so I'll be able to travel and have dinner parties and just generally be awesome!


11 questions for my nominees:

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any era, where would it be?
2. Why did you start blogging? Has your reason for blogging changed/evolved since then?
3. Cuddles or kisses?
4. Movies or books?
5. What is your dream job?
6. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
7. Describe your first kiss
8. If you could meet any blogger, who would it be?
9. Where is the most interesting place you have been in your life so far? What sets it apart from the rest?
10. Seaside or countryside?
11. If you could choose only 3 outfits to wear for the rest of your life, what would they be?


My nominees:

Emmy in the Making
My Dear Watson
My Vintage Childhood
Somehow Chaotic
The Cottage Diaries
The Dressmaking Diaries
What Peggy Said
Vintage Bird Girl
Order and Chaos
Kiana Bates
Antiquarian Miss

Please leave a link to your post if I nominated you :)

6 comments:

  1. Lol! I love your answer about singing. I can't sing but that doesn't stop me from singing at the top of my lungs in the car or shower. People are probably glad it's limited to the car and shower=/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) haha I am the same - jake cops it in the car because I love to sing and dance enthusiastically while we are driving. Poor guy haha :D
      Thanks again for nominating me - I was a little gobsmacked to tell the truth. Xx

      Delete
  2. haha.. i never read these but i read this, your so funny!! im following you now love. i have a new post up if you get a chance to take a look!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :)
      Love your blog and am following back xx

      Delete
  3. Your answers are hilarious and awesome! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! I've been off my blog for a couple of weeks, so I'll be posting this asap now!
    Freya May
    thedressmakingdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete