Sunday 6 January 2013

(Late) Friday's Finds




Okay guys, I know it is now Sunday, but sometimes lif gets in the way of things, and this little blogger has to take a random trip to Coolangatta to inspect potential apartments (keep your fingers and toes crossed for me that we get one of them, please?) instead of writing posts. I promise once we have moved, I will be all set up to get to a regular and more consitent blogging pattern, but for now you'll all just have to grin and bear it the way it is :)

I had a great week at the op shops this week! Jake and I scored this dining table for $65. It's solid pine and needs a lot of work done to it (total sandback and recoat plus reupholstering) but I should get out of it for about $90 total, and that is wayyyy cheaper than what you'd buy such a well built, solid table for new!



 
 
This little pine hall table also needs some TLC, but mum bought it for me for $20, so I'm not complaining :) Besides, it will match the dining table!
 




And finally, my present to Chrissy of My Dear Watson for the Very Thrifty Christmas Gift Exchange which Lara's Vintage hosted! I was unfortunate enough to never recieve my e-mail giving me Chrissy's detail's, so I'm sending off her pressie a tad late, but I hope she understands! I think the email went to junk mail, and because I didn't check my e-mails on the computer for about a week, it was automatically deleted. Oh well, Chrissy will get her little package eventually and I sure hope she likes what I picked out for her!









Chrissy and I have slightly different vintage styles, but after scrolling through her blog for hours on end, I think I made a wise choice by buying this Noritake cup and saucer set when I saw it! The pattern on it is s beautiful! I'm more of a floral person myself, but I can see the beauty in this piece and am kind of sad to not be keeping it for myself ;)




Chrissy commented on my last Friday's Finds post that she liked these pink and gold beads I picked up, so I threw that in for her too. I did originally want to keep them to start my own vintage jewellery collection, but I don't think I'd wear it much anyway, so I'm glad it see it go to a good home. Chrissy also mentioned she would like something which represents where her gift giver is from, and due to my obsession with these souvenier spoons, I couldn't walk past this Airlie Beach one! The Great Barrier Reef, while not actually local to me, is an Australian icon, and the spoon itself is quite gorgeous! (sorry for the terrible photo though!)






5 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing finds! Can't wait to see the finished version of the dining table and that cute side table!
    Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little half table is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage tea cups, they are always so beautiful. I actually collect old tea tins, I don't know what it is I just love them. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! Blog hopping!
    mydearest-friend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through the hop! I can't believe you got that dining room table for $65! I'm currently looking for a new one too :)

    New Follower!
    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lucky find. I don't think I've ever seen one that cheap anywhere else, but it needs a lot of TLC! :)

      Delete