Friday 21 February 2014

Thankful Thursday #3



Okay, so I know I'm late again but these posts mean too much to me not to write them at all and this week has been a very up and down week full of anxiety and a little bit of illness for me, so that makes it even more imperative to be thankful. I started back at uni on Tuesday at a new uni and was not feeling very positive about it all because I just loved Griffith so much, but it's turned out that SCU isn't all bad and there have been plenty of little things throughout the week that I can be thankful for.

Friendly faces - I walked into uni this Tuesday feeling like I was going to throw up, when all of a sudden, I saw a single friendly face who offered to show me to my class and all became right with the world again. Friendly people are the greatest!

Pinterest's send pin option - Since leaving the Gold Coast and my beloved Griffith university, pinterest seems to be mine and my best friend's main channel of communication. We often send each other funny little things that relate to inside jokes we share, or pins of things we know the other would just love so much. On Monday night I had a particularly shitty night with family and financial problems getting me down and just before bed, with tears streaming down my face, I opened this pin that Darci sent me that set me off in hysterics! It was exactly what I needed to cheer me up!

Comfort foods - This week has definitely been a good one for comfort foods in my household. I went through 4 litres of ice cream and a large jar of nutella in less than two weeks and even convinced Jake to let me buy more! Not exactly a healthy diet, but hey - I'm happy and ice cream is delicious!

Setting goals - This may come across as a strange thing to be thankful for, but I'm a terribly indecisive person and I'm not very good with goal setting (load of rubbish, innit). This week, however; I decided that June/July 2015 I will be in the UK/Germany. On top of being indecisive and not good at goal setting, I'm also a rubbish saver, but it seems this decision has all of a sudden  got me watching my pennies and I've actually managed to put a fair chunk of money away already! I never thought a UK trip would really be possible for me while I'm at uni, but I may just prove myself wrong here!

Jake - yeah, I know I could put this dude in pretty much every Thankful Thursday post ever, but this week with him has ben so great! He has made me laugh so much! Picture this - I came home on Wednesday afternoon to see my burly, Aussie, beer drinking, tradie boyfriend with a mud mask on. Yep, that's right, a mud mask! My friend lent the mask to me to try because it is a product she bought through me from Arbonne that I hadn't tried yet. I put it on Jake jokingly on Sunday afternoon when I was doing it, but I never expected him to like it enough to want to do it again! So funny!

I hope you have a lot to be thankful for this week! As always thanks to Lisette and Leona for inspiring me to be more thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment